Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Couldn't resist

I stumbled upon this cute kids music when blog surfing tonight, just as Austy was having a meltdown because the dry bickie he was eating broke and the cheese had fallen off. I did attempt to make him happy by telling him he now had three bickies which was perfect as he also had three pieces of cheese. I put one piece on each bit of broken biscuit but he just wouldn't have it, after already throwing a tantrum and breaking down into a bundle of tears and screams because I had cooked him chicken shaslik instead of sausages with his vegies. I decided to ignore him and blog surf for a minute or two to see if he would calm down on his own since my help with the bickie only made him worse. As soon as he heard this gorgeous music by renee and jeremy, he instantly stopped crying. I went to their website and found their online mp3 player and all the lyrics so he sat on my lap and happily ate his cheese and biscuit while we cuddled, smiled and sang together. He went to bed singing "Falling back to sleep". So I thought it only fitting to link it here and have it playing on his special blog.



Austin really loves music, one thing I think he's picked up from me. Every morning he starts the day with a tune or two, mostly Old MacDonald's Farm, Baa Baa Black Sheep or Open Shut Them, but he has quite a repertoir now! When he was a baby and was upset, singing was the best thing for him. Luckily for him, I enjoy singing a few notes here and there. I learned and remembered lots of kids songs but what I was really looking for was something like this music. I have found it now, so will be keeping my eye on these artists as their music is soothing not only for children but for their parents too. I recently bought Austy "I like to sing" on DVD by Justine Clarke which he absolutely loves and likes to hear over and over. Originally it was a nice change from the Baby Classics (after 2 yrs of him asking to watch Peepo Duck) until I realised the songs although bright, fun and happy, were also very catchy and at a whole day scrapbooking workshop I found myself humming them over and over! "Can you make a laughing face?" Lets see how long this music lasts before I'm sick of it... I have a feeling it will last longer than Justine!

I think I might have to keep it under my belt as a little settling tool for those end of the day tired toddler tantrums - I was totally impressed with how well it worked tonight and hope it works that well for a while. It's such a nice way to spend quiet time with him before he goes to bed. Having the lyrics available is just wonderful as it's so easy to sing along, making him think it all the more special, gazing into my eyes and trying to sing along with me. Aaaawwww....

No comments: