Monday, February 11, 2008

Autsty's "Thought of the Day"


Come ON Joy! I REEEEEALLLY must keep up. This little boy of ours is growing up at a frantic rate right before our very eyes and I just HAVE to write it all down so we can always remember these moments.

I realised today that while I had every intention of writing down what we have dubbed "Austy's Thought of the Day" comments, a few have slipped by without me doing so. I normally give Andrew a call as soon as the little guy comes up with one of his cute toddler brainwaves so that he gets to share in it too before I subsequently forget about it. I even bought a notebook for these things... but I packed it! So that's no good.

Andrew reminded me today when he rang ME to tell me one of these things Austy blurted out. His thought for today was "Austy cries, but Daddy doesn't cry". Insightful. And he's right. I've only seen a tear in Andrew's eyes a few times in our nearly 11yrs together, at times that I have been bawling my eyes out.

Austy has been asking for a baby sister for many months now (one night as I kissed him goodnight he asked for me to produce one in the morning and no, apparently a brother will NOT do) so it was no surprise tonight when he came out with "Mummy needs to have a baby sister for Austy. Mummy can have a baby, Daddy can have a baby. We can ALL have a baby sister for Austy. Then Austy will have a baby sister like James has a baby sister". James is his friend who you might spot over here at my good friend (and very talented friend) Emma's blog. Hmm... the pressure is ON!!
And the Thought of the day that started it all came out while we were packing up the kitchen goods into boxes over Christmas. "Cats don't open doors". No mate, they don't. Unless they are really strong and really clever. Not like Gryffin. I did have a cat like that once, who opened the door for his feline buddy, who kept miaowing at the door anyway. But that's another story.

And on the house front - we sold prior to auction with an offer too good to refuse. Austy seemed pretty excited about it. No more house opens means more family time, and soon we get to move into the new house he makes us drive past on a regular basis.


No comments: