Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy 2007!!!

Thought I'd better get my butt into gear and update this webpage with some Merry Christmas and Happy New Yeras wishes! A tad late, but you know what they say "Better late..."

Here are a few photo's from Austy's second Christmas. Not he best as he refused his morning nap and only slept for half an hour after lunch so wasn't the best subject for photographing, but we got him anyway. I tried to take a pic of him opening the present Michael and Debbie sent over, and then wearing the cute Quicksilver scuffs, but he wouldn't have it, the scuffs got kicked off his feet within seconds and a major tantrum errupted before we called it a day and took him home to bed.

I just love this outfit we bought for him for Christmas day (and the Christmas card photo). While the colour and star on the front make it super Christmassy, the back is just adorable - I will have to get a photo from behind him in it one day soon. The top says "Born to Rock" and the shorts have the words Rock Baby written in a star on the back pocket. Big cousin Jarryd would love it! It suits him perfectly too as he does like a good beat, and can often be found rocking away in the back of the car with Triple J turned up loud. Andrew was determined that he was going to be musically "cultured", and while he loves his Baby Classics music DVD's he will bop along to Veruca Salt, or Eskimo Joe and apparently loves to listen to things like Audioslave.

New Years was very quiet for us, we didn't even attempt to stay up for it this year after last years lame attempt and us falling asleep in front of a DVD. Maybe next year! I have been trying to cut out Austy's late night feed so we have had a few nights of him crying for a couple of hours at 2am (with me trying to resettle him without the milk bar!) so we need all the sleep we can get at this stage. Other than that, my New Years resolution is to improve my photography, which I think will be an ongoing challenge. Austy has already improved it tenfold, but I need to learn to be more creative and try new things (and settings on my camera - like going fully MANUAL - eek!). I got a great photography book for Christmas (thanks David and Rob!) so am churning my way through that, and spending every spare minute at the computer in photoshop.

Austin is still not walking, so I guess that will be his New Years Resolution, but I really don't care when he does start as he gets around fine by crawling, and no doubt walking will bring about more mischief making opportunities! His 4-5 steps on his birthday have not been repeated, but he is starting to get the hang of walking with his Fisher Price car in the walker mode (yelling "go go go" as he motors across the living room floor, then "cash" as in CRASH! - we definitely need more space!!!).

Okay, must get a move on, nappies to wash, dishes to clear and then bed!

No comments: