Monday, November 09, 2009

Eating like a lady

At a recent trip to Child Youth Health (to check on Madelyn's recent weight loss), the health nurse suggested that I should be letting Madelyn feed herself. I knew that I should be, in fact always let Austin have a spoon himself when we spoon fed him even younger than Maddy is now, but with an almost 4yr old and an almost 1yr old I have plenty of mess to keep me busy as it is, so have so far tried to keep it down to a manageable level.
Tonight I decided to give her a baby fork with her pasta. Just look how well that went down:
Okay, so Mum says that ladies use cutlery to eat there meals. Something like this. Hmmm...

Nope. Cutlery is SOOOO overrated. Fingers work much better. Glad I threw that fork thing on the floor.

And while we're at it, who needs a bowl?


Hang on, that bowl thing might come in handy. If I tip it like this I can POUR the food in. Yum!
Cheesy avocado pasta down the hatch!


Okay, maybe not. I was right from the very beginning - fingers work best. I can shovel it in by the fistfull!





3 comments:

Emma said...

At least there's one thing this hot weather is good for - stripping the kids to eat so at least their clothes stay clean (even if nothing else does)!

Austysmum said...

It is great for that isn't it? Actually she was stripped before it was dinner time - her dress was covered in watermelon & banana after lunch so I took it off and left her in her nappy since we were home and it was hot anyway. Saves on extra washing!

AJ said...

Very cute Joy!